Thursday, June 26, 2008

Christian Writing - Bloom where you’re planted

Bloom where you're planted

 

In God's Hand Nothing Happens by Accident

 

Nothing happens by accident…including accidents. Everything is pre-determined. Everything has a purpose.  Why is this so? Because the Word says, "I have called you by your name, you are mine. (Isaiah 43,1). Before I formed you, I knew you. And before you were born, I consecrated you. (Jeremiah 1,5).

 

You are of course free to change the course of your destiny by following the dictates of an errant mind. An errant mind is that which acts in opposition to what has been determined.

 

Our mind is the greatest blessing from God. It must remain supremely clean to retain the "formation" that God has bestowed on it for our good and prosperity. It must be nurtured as you would a sapling, with good soil, water, nourishment and care - to grow beautifully and produce good fruit.

 

Failure to do so leads to some appalling behavior. As cataclysmic as crossing the road through thick traffic even though we know it is the wrong thing to do and ending up with broken bones and more. Make wrong career or choice of spouse. Making friends with those with moral values that can only be detrimental to your health and prosperity. Being focused on the end, with scant respect for the means. Winning at all cost with no qualms for those laid low.

 

A mind built on strong values will constantly raise alarms. As we heed to the alarm each time it becomes part of us and the need for alarm reduces. If we need to change our waking pattern we need to initially set the alarm. Over time our body will automatically wake us at the set time. Instead of a physical alarm, now we are blessed with a mental alarm. It is no different for our mind. 

 

When our mind is not built on strong values and nurtured accordingly with care, our life becomes a Jekyl and Hyde story. We lose control of doing what is right. When our mind says right and we do left. What makes us overrule our mind that has been given to us for our security and prosperity?

 

Because 90 percent of the time we live either in the past or in the future. Only 10% of the time, we live in the present. Our mind is the greatest computer and possibly the greatest creation of God. In nanoseconds, it can recall all earlier experiences and observations to guide us with a go or no-go decision for every action that we are about to undertake. However, we benefit only if we live in the present. If we constantly live in the past or the future, the present (crossing the road) will not get our full attention with potentially disastrous consequences. 

 

This fact, applies to our marriage, career choices, investment decisions, choice of restaurant to eat or prioritizing time for prayer. We often allow the past or the fear or temptations of the future to guide our decision instead of the here and now. NEEDS FURTHER WORK.

 

Jesus always lived in the present. He learnt the Word for thirty years, even though He was the Word. He stuck to the task diligently emerging only when he was done – ready to be tested. His mind set on the task He chose never to be distracted. The Word came to His help at the Temptations of Tabor. He seized every moment to fulfill his purpose on earth – "to seek and save the lost" completing his mission on the cross.

 

With throngs of people around Him, he still noticed Zacchaeus and called him down from the Sycamore tree to dine with him and bring salvation to his home. Above the din of the people padding behind him, He heard the cry of Blind Barthemeus and healed him. The women held captive by Satan for eighteen years had to be "loosed" of her infirmity by breaking "burdensome" norms of the Sabbath. He did not rush to Lazarus but waited three days. With Jesus nothing happened by accident. Everything was pre-determined and He did not allow its course to change. At Gethsamane He was tempted to give up the shame of the cross, but Jesus held on. The horror of giving in was much worse than what was to be inflicted on Him. Every sin the world had committed was to land on his body as a vicious lash of a spiked whip till there was no skin on Him that was not lacerated.

By His death, He once again made us acceptable to God like the first Adam before the fall.

 

How can we learn to live in the present?

 

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord the righteous judge, shall give me at that day:  and not to me only, but unto all of them also that love his appearing." (2 Tim 4:7-8)

 

-------------------------------------------

 

My love, I love you. (John 15,9) I have called you by your name, you are mine. (Isaiah 43,1) Before I formed you, I knew you. And before you were born, I consecrated you. (Jeremiah 1,5). You did not choose me, I chose you.(John 15,16).Beloved, I wish above all things that you prosper and be in good health, even as your soul prospers. (III John 2).

 

Because you are precious to me, and honored, I love you. (Isaiah 43,4). I have loved you with an everlasting love and I will continue my Constant love. (Jeremiah 31,3). How can I abandon you? My love for you is too strong. (Hosea 11,8).I love you so much that I hung on the cross at Calvary. I died for you, and if you believe in Me you will have everlasting life(John 3,16). Can a woman forget her own baby and not love the child she bore? Yet, even should she forget, I will never forget you. I cannot forget you. I will hold you in the palm of my hands. (Isaiah 49, 15-16). For I, the Lord your God, am holding you by the right hand. (Isaiah 41,13). I AM WITH YOU ALWAYS UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD (Matthew 28, 20).

 

Do not let your heart be troubled, trust in me. (John 14,1). I will help you. (Isaiah 41 14). When you pass through the deep waters, I will be with you. Your troubles will not overwhelm you. The hard trials that will come will not hurt you. (Isaiah 43,2).When you walk through the valley of the shadows of death, do not be afraid because I am with you. My rod and my staff will comfort you. I will lead you in the path of righteousness. (Psalms 23).

 

I will give you peace in the midst of a storm, not as the world giveth. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.(John 14,27)Peace I give which will pass all understanding and shall keep your heart and mind. (Philippians 4,7). When you lie down do not be afraid, your sleep shall be sweet (Proverbs 3, 24). My love for you will keep your dwelling safe (Psalm 4,8).

 

Beloved my eyes are upon you and I will give you hope, for I am merciful (Psalm 33,18)You will have access to my grace and rejoice in hope while sharing in the glory of my Father. (Romans 5,2). I will give you joy and peace. The mountains and hills will sing, and the trees will clasp their hands before you. (Isaiah 55,12) You may have sorrow now , but I will see you again, and your heart will rejoice and no one will take your joy from you. (John 16,22).

 

Do not worry (Luke 12,9). Even the hairs of your head have all been counted, so there is no need to be afraid of anything. (Matthew 10,30). The mountains may depart and the hills will be shaken but my steadfast love for you will never end. (Isaiah 54,10). Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest(Matthew 11,28).

 

Come, my love Come, I will lead you into solitude and there I will speak tenderly to your heart. I will be true and faithful. I will show you constant love and make you mine forever. I will keep my promise, and you will really know me then as never before. . I am who I am. (Exodus 3,14). I am the Lord your God. (Hosea 13,4).

 

No comments: