Our decisions and actions must be guided by this one desire in our hearts
October 4, 2026
The NEET PG 2026 results have been declared, marking another major milestone for thousands of medical graduates aiming for MD, MS and PG Diploma seats across India. For most aspirants, the period immediately after the examination was filled with uncertainty: How was the paper? What could be the expected score? When will the result be announced? What will happen during counselling? And most importantly, what should candidates do right now?
NEET PG is not just about clearing an entrance examination. The final admission journey also depends on your rank, category, preferred speciality, college choices, counselling strategy and seat availability.
NEET UG/PG has lakhs of applicants for very few seats. Studying hard is necessary but not sufficient. You need to study smart, either on your own or under a coach who knows the exam pattern. The pattern helps, but a study protocol tops it.
The early bird catches the worm. In this case, it’s about choosing your preferred speciality and a college that leads in that speciality for the best career progression. Given the exam’s competitiveness, your study time becomes immeasurably important, but don’t be a recluse.
It is a pressure cooker moment. It needs a ‘pressure regulator’ or ‘pressure weight’ to maintain the desired pressure level by letting off steam, or the result is an explosion, a spattered kitchen, and physical injury. The ‘pressure weight’ could be a sporting activity fit for the gruelling study, garnished with spiritual replenishment. The Holy Hour and Daily Mass should quieten the mind.
Prayer is a petri dish in which peace can be cultured. To feel rejuvenated. To be inspired. To be reminded. To pivot from a wasteful engagement to more productive pursuits. For serendipity to occur. Abram was in such a situation:
After this, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision: “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward.” Abram said, “Sovereign Lord, what can you give me since I remain childless and the one who will inherit my estate is Eliezer of Damascus? You have given me no children; so, a servant in my household will be my heir.” (Gen 15:1-2)
To achieve anything major in life, we need to be clear-sighted on the end goal. Abram was very clear and rightly so. He wanted a child for God to make a nation of Abram. To back up a bit, the Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.” (Gen 12:1-3). The blessing had a condition. Leave and place your trust completely in me.
Abram obeyed, and left his father’s household as God commanded. God was with Abram. God thwarted Pharaoh’s plan to take Sarai as his wife in Egypt. Abram, fearing death, had said Sarai was his sister. (Gen 12:10-20)
God assuaged Abram’s concerns and anxiety. It is not what you think that will happen, but what I desire for you. Then the word of the Lord came to him: “This man will not be your heir, but a son who is your own flesh and blood will be your heir.” He took him outside and said, “Look up at the sky and count the stars—if indeed you can count them.” Then he said to him, “So shall your offspring be.” Abram believed the Lord, and it was credited to him as righteousness. (Gen 15:1-6)
We should also not trust our human intellect, but stay focused on God’s assurances. We may have a preference. What’s God’s preference for us? Good decisions need a petri dish of cultured peace to spawn.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Phil 4:6-7)
This is St. Paul speaking. A man who went to hell and back. “I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea. I have laboured and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches. (2 Cor 11:23-29)
Don’t be anxious about what will happen or not happen. Pray for the grace to accept. Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be. In that, there’s peace and also wisdom. Don’t fight it. Surrender and ask the Lord for directions. If your parents are prayerful, ask them for advice.
The Lord appeared to Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of the day. Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby. When he saw them, he hurried from his tent to meet them and bowed low to the ground. “If I have found favour in your eyes, my lord, do not pass your servant by.” “Let a little water be brought, and then you may all wash your feet and rest under this tree. Let me get you something to eat, so you can be refreshed and then go on your way—now that you have come to your servant.” “Very well,” they answered, “do as you say.” (Gen 18:1-5).
Pray for favour in the eyes of God. Worship God while you’re waiting by serving the least of the brethren. Let it be accounted to you as righteousness. (Gen 15:6)
- Mathew Anthony
No comments:
Post a Comment